Monday, May 02, 2005

I'm not dead, just missing in action.....

well, I'm back....It seems like it's been forever since I last published a post. I had purchased a new desk from The United House Wrecking company (I think that's the name)in Stamford, for my new home office. Did I mention that I used to share a home computer with Lenny, but... we got computer divorced. It is, after all, a personal computer. He thought it was ok to delete my favorites. Imagine? Well, I waited all day for the delivery, only to have the delivery guys spend an hour in my foyer trying to get the thing upstairs. Didn't happen. Very depressing. So the search moved on. Sad to say I ended up with a mass produced desk from the Pottery Barn. I did, however, compensate for the desk mishap by splurging on a Herman Miller Aeron chair. Very cool! I am still getting organized in my new space though and still waiting for the 2nd half of the desk to come in. sidebar...the chair was already ordered...a large price for the deleter of favorites in the other room. Passover was last week and the whole family was in...a little chaotic but always fun. (my office reverted back to it's intended function as a guest room). In fact all the rooms reverted back to guest rooms. 4 adults and 3 children. The weekend was rainy, so the house got trashed. See photo of Lenny, Scott and Jack working on a go-cart in my kitchen!!!! What a motley looking crew they are. Not a good hair day for those 3! Image hosted by Photobucket.com Knitting....AHHHH yes, knitting. I am back in the mode again. I have a couple of things started. I am not so sure that is a good thing, I used to insist that I finish a book from beginning to end, before I would start a new one. Even if the one I was reading really sucked. Then I decided why should I put myself through the torcher of some shitty writers book just because they got lucky enough to have it published? After all, I refer to my friend Bonnie, again,
this is not a dress rehearsal!
Starting a new knitting project before finishing an existing one doesn't seem to offend me nearly as much as the book thing. So here are my WIP A Soooo simplie it is silly handbag.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
A bikini???? Yeah, I know, not the best knitted item, but I was at Target buying an iron with Lenny this weekend, and he got paged to the hospital, I had not a single bit of knitting with me, and purchased this kit knowing I would be sitting around waiting for him. He was done in about 20 minutes, hence this small part of the boob triangle was all I did. Image hosted by Photobucket.com And the blue item. I saw a Ralph Lauren sleeveless top at Neimans, and my friend and I are certain we should try to copy it rather than paying the absurd price tag for it. Needless to say, I am having a bit of difficulty. I should just frog it, (ummm I never used that word in a sentence before) and start over. It is supposed to be sleeveles with a scarf-like wrap that goes around your neck to hold it up. I think I will try again. (who are we kidding, we will both probably end up buying the one at Neimans) Image hosted by Photobucket.com Well, it's 11pm and I am tired. Tomorrow Lenny and I are driving into Manhattan. Lunch with Eric, Molly and Ford. Then off to see a jeweler about a necklace. Then dinner. Balthazar? Artisanal? or maybe a hot bagel from H&H for the car ride home.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

LOL The comment you left on my blog cracked me up!
I personally believe there's nothing wrong with more than one WIP. Lately I haven't had more than 2 on the needles though, which is strange for me.
I know how you feel about the book thing, though. I used to HAVE to finish all the books I started, but just because someone got published, doesn't mean they're a good writer.

And p.s. I did end up having the wine anyway. teehee